Thursday, November 25, 2010

Frito Lay Fan Pack

We pulled up to our house on Thanksgiving Eve from finishing up grocery shopping to find a box on our front porch. It was a large box in my opinion and it had me baffled. I didn't think I had ordered anything recently that was due to be delivered. Maybe it's a gift from the grandparents, I thought. That must be what it is. Then I read my name on the box and thought uh oh, maybe I ordered something on accident! My 19 month old stepped up and down on it several times before letting me get it inside. Then I open it and this is what I find!





It's my Frito-Lay Fan Pack! What a wonderful surprise just in time for Thanksgiving. It included a reusable shopping bag, bag clip, three full-size bags of potato chips, a stainless steel water bottle, and a coupon for a bag of chips!! The chips included were Tostitos Scoops!, original Sun Chips, and Lightly Salted Lay's. I'm sure you're already familiar with Frito-Lay and their great products, but here's some information on Frito-Lay you might not have known:

Frito-Lay starts with fresh, farm-grown ingredients, making many of their chips with just three simple ingredients: potatoes or corn, all-natural oils and salt.

· They were the first major food company to remove partially hydrogenated oils from their cooking oil way back in 2003. That means our chips have 0 grams trans fat because they use all-natural oils such as corn oil and sunflower oil.

· Many varieties of their chips provide whole grains like Tostitos® snacks, which contain 8 grams of whole grain corn per serving, and SunChips®, which brings 18 grams of whole grain per serving to your diet! SunChips® are also a good source of fiber.

· Frito-Lay supports American farmers and buys the potatoes used to make our potato chips from 80+ farms across 27 states.

I have always loved chips and sometimes get myself in trouble because they get so addicting that I can't stop eating them! I love Sun Chips and Tostitos! I think my favorite part is the saltiness. I appreciate their attempt to make the SunChips bags easily decomposable, but it's too loud- which has nothing to do with their great product inside the bag. I like Lay's potato chips, but the Lightly Salted is too lightly salted for my taste, and I really prefer the Baked Lay's. My husband isn't as picky as I am and loved every bit of the fan pack! My family really enjoyed this pleasant surprise on our front porch and we are thankful for the box of goodies from Frito Lay!

No comments:

Post a Comment