Saturday, September 25, 2010

Big Girl Clothes

I am 27, have 2 kids, and still have clothes from high school. I see that as a problem. Yes, it's great that most of them can still fit, but it's time to let them go and for me to get some 'big girl clothes'. My project for last week was to go through my clothing- pack up my maternity clothes and put the clothes I either don't wear anymore or just feel like I won't wear anymore in a pile to take to Plato's Closet. I've been using this store for years now to take my unwanted clothes, accessories, and shoes to and get cash for them on the spot.

Here are the clothes I gathered- a whole laundry basket full of nice clothes:

And they only bought 1 pair of jeans! Based on previous trips, I was hoping to get around $50...I only got $4 and some change! Boo! They were only buying 'casual clothes' and apparently didn't want Express khaki pants, Gap jeans, American Eagle and J.Crew sweaters just to name a few. Oh well...guess I'll have to find somewhere to put all these clothes I don't want until I decide if I want to try again, try a yard sale, or just give them away.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you could try doing a yard sale :-D

    BTW
    Thanks for the heads up on the Frito Lay coupons :-D

    Emy
    http://alwaysaroundboys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete