Monday, September 6, 2010

Onesies no more!

When you use cloth diapers, a onesie just doesn't fit right on your baby. Their body looks all distorted and sometimes you can't even button the outfit because they are made to fit over disposable diapers. We had lots of onesies and I was tired of not using these pieces of clothing, so I decided that I wanted to convert the onesies to shirts. Problem was that I didn't have a sewing machine or know how to sew. Well, a wonderful friend let me borrow her sewing machine and got me all set up. We worked on a couple while she was here then she left the machine for me to use when I got a chance. It took me a couple of days to get going by myself on the machine because I had to re-thread the needle and get the bobbin ready to go. I finally did it and started whipping out some shirts! My next project will be burp cloths! I'm so excited and may just have to get my own sewing machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment